Updated 5th July 2022
This policy sets out how The Junk Liveaboards T/A North Parade, a company registered in Thailand under Registration no: 0835557005733 , and whose registered office is 10/510, Kwang Road,T, Wichit, Mueang Phuket District, 83000 Thailand (“The Junk Liveaboards”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”) and its group companies uses and protects any information that you provide when you use either our websites or book services through us, but ONLY when you have granted us explicit permission to do so.
The Junk Liveaboards along with our partner, Master Liveaboards with whom we may be required to pass along personal data to process so that they can provide you with the arrangements you require.
Table of Contents
- 1. Personal Information
- 2. Confidential and Medical Information
- 3. Securing Information
- 4. Information we hold about you
- 5. When we collect your information
- 6. Using your information
- 7. Sharing information
- 8. Keeping information
- 9. Keeping you informed
- 10. We may use your information to:
- 11. Accessing information
1. Personal information
In order to enable you to benefit from our services, The Junk Liveaboards will process and manage your personal information. If you do not consent to our using certain personal data then we may not be able to provide travel services to you.
Personal information is information you provide to us about yourself from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. Depending on which services you receive from us, this may include personal information such as travel document details and medical information.
The provisions of The Junk Liveaboards social media terms and conditions will also apply where you give your explicit consent to it being used in this manner, for instance for group cruise photographs which are then shared on social media platforms. If we make a change to any of the ways in which we process personal information, we will update this web page with an updated date displayed at the top, so please check back regularly for updates.
2. Confidential and Medical information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to The Junk Liveaboards and we aim to comply with the provisions of the Thailand data protection law.
Your confidential information will only be disclosed to those involved with organising, and providing, your travel services. This may include third-party suppliers that will require it for providing your travel needs, or bodies that require it for legal reasons such as government marine agencies or national park services. We require our Partners to guard your personal data to the same standard as ourselves. If you receive services from The Junk Liveaboards and that service transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential information with the new provider as required.
3. Securing information
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic, and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All The Junk Liveaboard staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information. Access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
When using The Junk Liveaboards website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted through The Junk Liveaboards website is normally protected until it reaches us, however, for data transmitted from other websites and in other formats, this may not be the case. As such, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
4. Information we hold about you
The information we hold about you will only be that which you provide or which our partners acquire from you and may include the following:
- Basic details such as name, address, contact details, and next of kin
- More detailed information based on your specific requirements or medical needs when travelling
- Details of contact we have had with you
Details of services you have received through us
- Customer feedback information you provide directly
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Notes and reports about holidays you have booked through us
- Information from competitions and marketing activities
- Recordings of calls we receive or make
Other information we receive from other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we (or our group companies) operate or the other services we provide.
5. When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
- You use our services
- You submit an enquiry to us, for example by email, telephone or social media, including where you reference The Junk Liveaboards in a public social media post
- You participate in any marketing activity involving The Junk Liveaboards
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
- We liaise with other providers booking services for yourself with us, or in dealing with group leaders when dealing directly. We will only share information in this way where you have provided your explicit consent or in circumstances where you are incapable of providing that consent (for example, during a medical emergency), or we are unable or it is not reasonable to seek your permission, or we are required to by law or in accordance with guidance from professional bodies
- You use a third-party application to provide information to our websites.
6. Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with only our products and services and to improve and extend these offerings. They may include:
- Responding to your queries
- Supporting your travel activities
- Internal record keeping and administration
- Responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- Checking the accuracy of information about you, including for billing and external ticket purchasing in your name
- Supporting our staff on the ground in your travel destination/s
- Assessing the quality service provided to you by both ourselves and outside suppliers as well as and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- Using your contact information to send you information related to services booked
- Using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information), provided you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
- Using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research.
8. Keeping information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to carry out or lawful business, but always for the minimum term possible. However, for legal and professional reasons some of your data will be held for 3 years from the date of your last consent to use / process your data.
We record via CCTV communal areas on our own vessels for guest safety and security. This footage will be kept for only 2 months and will then be deleted, unless there is an on-going dispute or incident under investigation.
9. Keeping you informed
Whilst we have your explicit consent to do so The Junk Liveaboards would like to keep you informed of the group’s products and services in the categories you have elected to subscribe to and any we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, or phone). Whenever we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way.
10. We may use your personal information to:
- Decide which services we think are relevant to you
- Decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials
- Contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media
- If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact The Junk liveaboards on the details shown below.
11. Accessing information
If you have any subject access queries, please contact The Junk Liveaboards:
Email : Info@thejunk.com
The Data Handler
The Junk Liveaboards
10/512 Moo 3
If you are unhappy with the way that your data has been used, then you can contact us at the above address
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice will always be posted on this page along with the date of the last update.